11 April, 2015

J is for Jamberry [A to Z Challenge 2015]

Today, I am talking nails. Namely, manicures and pretty things for nails. (This is one of those posts that doesn't fall into fantasy and science fiction so much as the "I like this so I'm going to write about it").

Don't flee! Hang with me for just a few minutes. I promise I'll be quick and there will even be Doctor Who at the end. I swear.

Have you ever heard of Jamberry Nails? I hadn't, either, until a friend posted pictures of a fabulous Jamberry manicure. Now, I love a good manicure. But I cannot describe how much I hate doing it myself. Seriously, brushing paint on my nails is like a two-year-old with a marker. Nothing good can come of it. And I really don't enjoy professional manicures. They hurt my nails and are expensive and take too long. So, when my friend told me that her Jamberry nail wraps take about twenty minutes to put on and last for two weeks, I was intrigued. Two samples later, I was hooked enough to become a Jamberry consultant myself.

This move gave me the fabulous exhibits A - C below:

That was all me, ladies and gentlemen. Seriously. The wraps bond to my nails, so I can do dishes, bury my hands in garden dirt, and bang them around in my generally ungraceful state and they stay on. Nail polish cracks on me after the first day. The bonding apparently keeps my normally fragile nails intact so I can grow longer and stronger nails now, to boot.

It is so worth the money: $15 for one sheet (3-4 manicures). Best of all, they're non-toxic and gluten-free.

Jamberry also has a make-your-own-design feature that produces the promised following Doctor Who fabulosity made by my consultant team's lead manager:



See? What self-respecting geek wouldn't want that on her nails?

For continuing adventures in Jamberry nails, feel free to follow my Instagram feed. You can also check out the pretties yourself at my consultant website. And, if you find yourself drawn in, don't lurk at the edges like I did - ask me your questions! Party hostesses can earn free nail pretties and online Facebook parties are the easiest way to get them. (Plus, then I get more pretties and we can compare our pretties and then it's all over.)

I have no idea what's in store for Monday's 'K' but come back then and we'll figure it out together!

13 comments:

  1. It's so funny. In the last couple months I've had several of my geeky and ultra geeky friends from college get into this as well and have been seeing it all over facebook :-b. I, don't even paint my nails or get manicures or whatever, so I have yet to try them, but your post made me laugh thinking about my friends :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to bring joy. I've seen them more and more on my friends' feeds, too. They're taking over!

      Delete
  2. Very Cool! Can you ship to Ecuador?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, no, Dale. Jamberry currently only ships within the United States and in Canada. Sorry about that. :(

      Delete
  3. I've never heard of these before! they look like so much fun. Cute nails and Doctor Who? Is this a blog or heaven?!

    http://bit2read.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made me laugh. I've wondered about that, too. ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness! Where can I get those Doctor wraps??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather! Sorry for the late reply: it's been an insane month, as you can see by the fact that I haven't finished A to Z. You can order a gift certificate from my site at http://jmar.jamberrynails.net/category/gift-certificates . $25 will get you a sheet with shipping included. Once you've ordered, I'll send the code to the gal who designed them and she'll ship them right out to you. Email me at jamarcarelli [at] gmail [dot] com if you'd like more info or have questions!

      Delete
  5. Hello, friend! I have nominated you for a Liebster Award. Check it out!

    http://princesskaija.blogspot.com/2015/04/the-liebster-award.html

    (Also, I love the TARDIS nails!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard of them as my wife started using them a few months ago. They seem like fun and much simpler than spending tons of money at the nail salon every few weeks.

    Sean at His and Her Hobbies

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a friend who had some of these. They are a lot of fun! I have a couple I use every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there.
    WoW! Pretty creative nails! Thanks for sharing & taking pat in the challenge.
    I didn't get to visit your blog during the crazy month of April so I'm popping over today from the Road Trip.

    Entrepreneurial Goddess

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great post, I seem to be just breezing through blogs lately being unemployed, maybe I should post more or Does anyone have a blog they would like to recommend? Self-promoted is always good too!
    makeituporfunny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love visitors and I love comments! Please, leave one or many (visitors or comments, it's all good). Just remember to play nice with others. Also, don't spam. I'll have to dump you in the trash compactor if you do. And then the dianoga will eat you. Ask yourself: is it worth getting eaten?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...