17 July, 2012

July | Goals

Hello, hello, dear readers and a happy Tuesday to you all! It's amazing that life can get so backed up that I'm only just now implementing one of the new blogging plans that I detailed last month. It's also a bit late for a "things I will do in July" post but let's do it, anyway.

First, though, a quick look back at June. Not much of anything but work abounded but I did have time for homemade tortillas, quick runs to favorite hole-in-the-wall coffee shops, and enjoying the rare thunderstorms that knocked out the Internet a couple times.


Now for July's goals. I want to make this a monthly (and more towards the 1st) occurrence. It's easy to say you'll do something but a lot harder to actually make it work. With a little public accountability at my back, I'll be loathe to miss things.  And maybe you'll find some ideas for yourself, as well!

Personal

- Workout 3 times a week
- Take a walk once a day
- Write at least 1 letter
- Catch up with 2 out-of-state friends
- Start reading a new fantasy series
- Work on/accomplish an organization project for the house
- Look for (& maybe purchase) non-disposable alternative to paper towels
- Edit July family photos
- Choose somewhere fun for a family day trip

Business

- Submit 2-3 short stories for publication
- Begin editing current NIP (novel in progress)
- Establish a market plan for freelance business
- Write a concise, meaningful “mission statement”
- Launch business website
- Brainstorm venues to find new clients
- Organize business folders for this year
- Get more involved with freelance business writers group
-Complete all outstanding deadlines

This month is a little crazy in terms of deadlines, since three different clients need big projects returned by the end of the month. But I hope I can still keep up with everything else I want to do.


What about you? What are your plans for July? 

 

8 comments:

  1. Nice goals! My only plans for July are editing my NaNovel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck on your goals! I'm starting this on my blog, too, because accountability totally helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does. Plus, there's something enjoyable in seeing others advance in things they really want to accomplish.

      Delete
  3. Great goals, Jessica!
    I love the goal-setting idea. It gives focus, direction and accountability...
    I need to think about a plan... a realistic and manageable one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my problem in the past: setting too many goals that I couldn't possibly accomplish in one month. It turns out just to be demoralizing. Better to stick with a short list and get enjoyment from finishing it. :)

      Delete
  4. Good luck reaching your goals! I want to have my manuscript ready to submit by the end of the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to you! I know how hard it is to get manuscript ready on time.

      Delete

I love visitors and I love comments! Please, leave one or many (visitors or comments, it's all good). Just remember to play nice with others. Also, don't spam. I'll have to dump you in the trash compactor if you do. And then the dianoga will eat you. Ask yourself: is it worth getting eaten?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...