02 April, 2018

#AtoZChallenge: B is for Blessed



Hello, blogging world! I'm back to my own little corner of the internet after a three-year hiatus. I honestly cannot believe it has been that long. Many things have changed and most for the better. This post is, more or less, a re-introduction to me and my writing, and, I hope, the beginning of a new chapter for this dear little blog.

Three years ago, I had just entered the Catholic Church. I wrote infrequently online but had stories in the works, including a couple of novels, and I worked at the library. I had also just experienced my second miscarriage, an ectopic pregnancy that ruptured and sent me to the hospital. This last was, I think, the source of my declining, and eventually nonexistent, online presence. Losing a baby was hard and it took months to heal properly. I didn't know then that God, in His goodness, was preparing one of the greatest joys I've ever known.

As you can probably guess from the picture, we had a baby! I got pregnant near the end of 2015 thanks to the help of a superbly knowledgeable napro doctor and Little Guy was born in July. The moment I heard his rather husky cry, my heart grew more than I ever imagined. My time has hardly been my own since his appearance, since this tiny human never stops, but even the difficult moments have been worth it. I decided to quit my job for his sake and have never regretted it, even when times get a bit tough with just my husband's income.

All has not been rosy, however. My writing has languished, first from the overwhelming responsibilities of a newborn, then from further sorrow. I got pregnant again last summer but it ended in my third miscarriage just a few weeks later. Little Guy's presence was truly a Godsend then because my grief was very dark and heavy this time. I truly believe my growing faith and having someone outside of myself to take care of was all that kept me from sinking.The baby's due date was in February and, since then, I have felt a lightening of the burden and some life creeping back into my stagnated writing life. That included online writing.

I knew I still wanted to keep this blog, this dear old thing that's been with me for about seven years now, but as to what I want to do with it after so much change remains to be seen. I guess that's why I jumped at the April blogging challenge once more after so long. There will probably be changes appearing on the blog over this month. My passion is still with science fiction and fantasy but as to how that is expressed, who knows?

I am truly blessed, even with the sorrow, and I'm excited to see where this new life and all its changes leads my writing (which will, apparently, never leave my heart no matter how long I step away from it).

If you're also doing the blogging challenge, what is your reason for participating? 


_________________






 This is a post for the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge, which involves writing one post every day for the entire month, using the alphabet as a theme. I hope to see you tomorrow for the letter C!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love visitors and I love comments! Please, leave one or many (visitors or comments, it's all good). Just remember to play nice with others. Also, don't spam. I'll have to dump you in the trash compactor if you do. And then the dianoga will eat you. Ask yourself: is it worth getting eaten?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...